911551 - Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
Our client a waste specialist are currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Electrical) , based in Edmonton, London.
- Providing an efficient breakdown repair service. Diagnosing running faults and ensuring effective repairs and improvements are conducted without supervision and within minimum time scale.
- Carry out installation work to the required standards.
- Completing routine inspection and undertake preventative maintenance work as part of preventative maintenance management, in order to ensure equipment is consistently in good condition.
- This includes undertaking basic mechanical work such as but not limited to motor/coupling alignment, motor chain/belt drives, draining/refilling of gear boxes, manufacture of brackets and electrical equipment support structures, fabrication and installation of instrument pipework, light lifting and rigging etc.
- Diagnosing faults and carrying out effective repairs without supervision when on callout duty.
- To liaise with the outside contractors on specific repairs / maintenance work.
- Must be able to operate a MEWP and drive a FLT.
- To ensure that all statutory obligations are continuously met.
- To conduct and undergo relevant training.
Skills and Experience
- NVQ level 3 or Trade certificate.
- Demonstrates a logical and systematic approach to fault-finding with relevant technical experience in repair, installation and PPM work in heavy process industry, this may constitute working through electrical drawings to rectify problems.
Should have experience in
- PLC controlled equipment (ideally Allen Bradley)
- Variable speed drives
- High voltage and low voltage equipment
- Instrumentation (not essential training provided)
- Analysis and repair of pneumatic systems.
- Experience of working to the highest standards and the ability and self motivation to develop his/her skills further.
- Strong communication and team-working/ co-operation skills
- Flexible attitude, and positive attitude towards coping with change, and able to accept responsibility.
- The nature of the job is such that many plant failures necessitate immediate action and this may require working outside of normal working hours on occasions. Such failures require the safest, fastest and most effective repair possible, hence a commitment to working such hours either on a call out basis or overtime is essential.
- The job holder must be able to work in confined spaces and carry out work at height. Due to the configuration of the Plant.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is up to £36,000 per annum.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 910615.
Similar Job Searches
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Electrical
- Electrical Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- United Kingdom