Position : Senior Consultant Location : London
This leading engineering and design group provides specialist services to the rail sector and are expanding their rail systems capability and are seeking a Senior Consultant to join the team. They have a number of offices throughout the UK that are delivering a wide variety of complex and technically challenging projects around the country and overseas. The ideal candidates will possess extensive experience built up over a number of years to support and actively improve future major rail design schemes in a large multi-disciplinary design organisation who will be construction professionals with the right attributes to join the team advising designers and clients on design development and constructability.
You will possess the ability to make a difference, pro-actively developing diagrammatically, the build stages of a scheme, possibly from scratch to ensure that designs are buildable, but also efficient and affordable.
Duties will include :
- Supporting major multi-disciplinary design teams; advising on the construction staging aspects to improve the 'constructability' of the proposed design works.
- Advising and infulencing designers on choices of options, materials, construction forms, etc
- Carrying out and analysing option comparisons
- Supporting production of cost plans
- Proactive attitude to support, develop and mentor junior staff
- Work alongside a diverse team of multi-discipline professionals.
Experience and Qualifications
- Professionally qualified in a recognised Engineering discipline
- Contractor based Project or Construction Management
- Professionally qualified in a recognised discipline.
- Extensive rail and civils experience
- Has been involved in tender work, ECI, constructability planning
- Ready to move into a consultancy / project management office and use your practical knowledge for improving design development
This opportunity offers a rewarding career path with excellent prospects and an attractive salary package.